Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Beadmakers Holiday!



I have been away from Facebook, twitter and my blog for such a long time, I thought I had better explain why .........  I have been on a very, very, very lovely holiday to France.  Although I have been home for nearly two weeks I am so relaxed that I can't get back into the swing of things ..... this is good and this is bad!  So I thought to try and get me over my lovely holiday I would write a few words about it and then hopefully my bead making brain will take over and I will be able to make beads again .... that is the theory anyway ..... 

So where did I go?  We went to the Midi-Pyrenees in France and stayed in a lovely place called Bouziès.  It was beautiful! We were surrounded by lovely picturesque villages perched on the edges of limestone cliffs .... just like the village of St Cirq Lapopie in the photograph.  We did a LOT of climbing and walking up very steep hills ..... but worth it because the views were spectacular! 


What I adored about this region is that is relatively untouched and has kept all the old world charms.  There are so many medieval buildings and wonderful architecture that it is a great source of inspiration for any artist. 

As I have three young children we also visited a few castles as part of our 2013 castle tour!  We saw trebuchets and medieval armour and had a fantastic time!


We found a few hidden treasures within the limestone on the banks of the River Lot, raced a boat down the canal, and visited a pre-historic cave where we saw some of the oldest cave drawings in the world.  


There were so many places that had been left untouched.  It really was beautiful and I am sure over the next couple of months I will be posting more photographs that have brought inspiration to my work.  I could write loads more about this region but I am being good and trying not to turn my lampwork blog into a travel diary but it is very difficult ......  I have also been very good .... so far and tried to keep my photographs to a minimum as I have hundreds ...... 

...... now I really must make some beads ............

One final note .... we stayed in a lovely Gite, owned and run by a very lovely family.  If you are interested in visiting this region yourself then here are some details of a lovely place to stay .....

Mr and Mme l. Foxcroft-Timms
Bajouve, 46330 Bouziès, FRANCE

Telephone : (00 33) 5 65 30 26 04

e-mail: ivanandleah@yahoo.fr

Sarah xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hypersmash.com