Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New Challenge: A Protea Implosion!





Hello, thought I had better update my blog and let you know what I have been up to this week.  That is if you are interested ... and if you aren't then I guess you won't be reading this anyway! 

My Cousin popped over to visit last week and whilst we were gossiping away looking through my beads she showed me this photograph of a beautiful Protea.  Now, my Cousin is a professional Horticulturalist and knows everything there is to know about plants.  She is great! A few years ago she went to work at Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden in South Africa and this is where she photographed this beautiful flower.


DPring

Well my creative little mind started whirring and ideas about how I could re-create this flower in glass started whizzing through my head.  I had no sleep that night because I couldn't stop thinking about how I was going to make a bead like this.  My notebook was jammed packed with suggestions, colours of glass, types of glass ...... etc ......

There is still a bit of work to do but I think I have the basic structure and colours now so all I need is to fine tune the design.  Here are a few more pictures of the top and bottom of the bead.




I have also continued making polymer clay earrings for my 52 earrings in a year challenge (I have so much catching up to do).  I keep getting a little bit side-tracked having to make a pendant as well but heyho!  The inspiration for the sunflowers is probably obvious .... the time of year perhaps but also it is a memory from my summer holiday in France this year which was absolutely fantastic!  We met some really interesting and lovely people!




The earrings are a little blurred because I was on the phone to my sister whilst trying to take the photograph.  Maybe I am not too good at multi-tasking!

My Protea Implosion Beads can now be found in my shop on Etsy -

Sarah xx

www.beadscrumptious.co.uk
Hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hypersmash.com