Friday, October 5, 2012

Catching Up!



Before I start any ramblings .... Hello to my new readers from HelloCotton and Bead Magazine!

I don't know what has happened to me over the last couple of weeks.  I have more time yet I feel as though I am constantly behind and need to catch up with myself!  I think my brain is working faster than the rest of me and I can't keep up with all the ideas whizzing through my head .... for instance the photograph above shows the beads I made last week .... where are this weeks beads?  They are still waiting to be cleaned .... arghhhhh!  I just cannot get motivated!  What is wrong with me?  ..... please don't answer that ....I'm not sure I want to know! ....

So anyway ... enough waffle .... last Monday I gave myself the glass challenge to make bright and beautiful beads ....  Ok so here they are ....

Whilst they are bright, rather than make me think about my lost summer (awful British weather) they remind me of the interior of Gaudi's Casa Batllo in BarcelonaI think it is the colours of the glass and the big blue circles in the beads that make me think of great big distorted fish eyes!  I am so inspired by this man that I could write many blog posts about his work.  Just take a look a look at the window below!  It looks so fluid and yet it is made from stone.  Now, with some jiggery I know I could re-create this effect in glass and on a bead.  Unfortunately (some of you may be able to relate to this) I can do only this if I am in the right mind set!  It can be very frustrating when you have a million ideas in your head but you can't re-create them.



Antoni Gaudi designed the most amazing house based on a nautical theme and ever since my trip to Barcelona I have been inspired to make beads that capture the designs within the house.  So many times I have tried to make them and have failed.  

I am very behind on my 52 earrings in a year challenge.  I am so behind I am starting to feel ashamed of myself.  The whole idea was to develop my skills in polymer clay and then everything stopped!  But this week I have made two pairs of earrings and hopefully by the end of today I will have made a few more.  I have cheated ..... yes ....yes .... one pair of earrings is made from glass........ 



Finally, I am in the middle of writing a tutorial to show future beaders (or anyone who reads this blog?) how to make a necklace using one of my Enchanted Tree Beads.  I have had some lovely comments about them, thank you.  The inter-galactic tree bead is still in development.  I made a really good one and was so pleased with myself until I took it out of the kiln and found a great big crack down the middle.  It is soul destroying when you have spent so much time and effort making a bead and you find it has cracked, probably before it even went in the kiln.




My challenge for next Monday is going to carry on with the nautical theme and try to make a bead with a trapped jellyfish inside.  Not sure how I will get on but I do like to be challenged...  The Protea explosion/implosion bead is still in development and I have a new one to show you next time.

Ok, I am now going to grab some Marmite on toast (my latest obsession) and will get back to work!

Have a good week!

Sarah xx 
www.hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hypersmash.com