Monday, November 5, 2012

Bubbling Brook!



This set of beads was great fun to design and develop.  I wanted to make some brilliant blue beads, filled with tiny bubbles of air that looked as though they were still bubbling away within the beads.  Sometimes most of the fun comes from researching and reading about how to develop an idea that has popped into your head.  There are times when ideas develop at the torch as you are making a bead but most of the time an idea requires a bit more research to find all the techniques that can enable you to achieve your design.

This is exactly what I did to develop this set of beads.  It was great fun!  I then put all the methods together made some beads and then tweaked these until I achieved the bead that was in my head.  This doesn't always work mind you....  There are too many times when you have a picture in your mind of how you want a bead to look and when you try to make it, it comes out like a chewed up toffee!

Usually I have already decided before I start making a set of beads if I am going to use them in a piece of jewellery.  But, this didn't happen with these beads and I have kept them in my bead box for quite some time,  until the other day when I stumbled across them. 

The beads are strung on a sterling silver wire core and separated by sterling silver saucer beads.  At the base of the pendant I have dangled three aqua coloured swarovski crystals which are strung on sterling silver headpins.  The pendant measures approximately 54cm including the dangling swarovski crystals and is strung on a 16 inch hallmarked, sterling silver curb chain.
This pendant can be found in my shop on WOW Thank You! - Beadscrumptious

Sarah xx

www.beadscrumptious.co.uk
www.hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hypersmash.com