Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jungle Fever!


 
Jungle Fever : A stunning set of lampwork glass beads handmade by me in warm amber colours.  I can't believe I haven't written about these beads before.  The colours are fantastic, deep rich shades of amber, .... very warm.  You can almost feel the heat radiating from them.  There is so much depth to these beads.  They would look fantastic combined with Vintaj charms and findings or just strung simply from a sterling silver chain.


I used the same colour combinations of glass for each bead so they all match.  The only thing I altered each time was the design.  I started by making an amber floral bead.  This bead is composed of five separate layers.  I started by creating a central core of deep rich amber and swirled lucious green foliage on the top.  I encased the bead in clear glass to prevent any colours bleeding into the next layer and then added the flower petals.  I trapped tiny bubbles of air in the center of each flower and then encased the bead in another layer of clear glass.



I am a perfectionist when it comes to encasing my beads in glass and I always make sure the bead is entirely encased with a perfect dimple surrounding the bead hole, as you can see in all of my photographs.  

I suppose I should explain why this is important ..... and this is something you can look for next time you purchase a bead or set of beads. Take a good close look around the bead hole of the bead and inspect it to see if there is a dirty looking line where the different colours meet. This is because the bead has not been entirely encased in glass and the colours within the lower layers of the bead have bled into the clear glass. If you like this kind of effect then great, but I prefer to encase my beads completely to avoid this. 

 
All of my lampwork beads are made to a very high standard. They are all kiln annealed, cleaned of all bead release (which is a very nasty substance that you don't want to breathe in) and thoroughly inspected.  As a lampwork bead artist, I take all of this very seriously .... as you can tell!




I also included one of my signature implosion flower beads in the set.  They look fantastic photographed like this but also look stunning when viewed from the side.  They look as though all the petals are rippling in the glass ... very pretty ... but then I would say that!  In the photograph above you can also see the remaining two beads in the set.  Swirls and swirls of deep rich amber coloured glass.  It is a shame you can't appreciate the depth within these beads from the photographs.

This bead set is available to purchase from my shop on Etsy at £18.00 for a limited period only (normally £25.00), just click on a photograph and it will take you there.  If you would like to keep up with any offers, competitions and my latest work please come over and "like" my facebook page and you will be kept up to date with everything I am up to - Beadscrumptious on Facebook

As all of my customers know, I always include a little something extra ....

Sarah xx
www.beadscrumptious.co.uk
www.hypersmash.com

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hypersmash.com