Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Monthly Make March : Lampwork Bead Tiara

 
 
Hello, this is a little bit of a cheat really because I made this tiara quite a while ago but I made it with the intention of showing people one of the ways my beads could be used.  So ...... I think it counts? If you are a regular reader of my blog then you will know that I love my sparklies .... swarovski crystals and there are quite a few in this very sparkly tiara. 
 
Whenever I think of weddings I always think of pearls ... and roses.  Maybe it is just me? .....  I had some very simple rice pearls so I added these to my crystal mixture and had a quick look through my glass beads to see what else I could find.  I had some very pretty pink beads that I had made for a piece of jewellery (now abandoned) and a nice collection of ivory beads that would compliment the pearls.  I almost can't help adding something different .... so I also included a couple of lavender beads just to see what would happen ....
 
 
I used an enormous amount of wire to make this tiara and lots and lots of twisting and quite a bit of time .... but I enjoyed making it.  It is always good to try new things so I had a go at making a couple of hair combes as well.
 



2 comments:

  1. Very nice Sarah, the beads work really well together. Beautiful tiara and bridal combs.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. It takes longer than you think to make one though doesn't it? ... and quite a bit of sketching, planning and practice. I have a lot of respect for tiara makers out there! xx

      Delete

Hypersmash.com