Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lots and Lots of Christmas Sparkle!




Sparkly Christmas Heart
Over the last couple of days in between making beads, cleaning beads and making more beads, I have also been making jewellery using my very own handmade lampwork beads. 

It all started when I discovered this beautiful red transparent glass lurking at the back of all my glass rods.  I was looking for a yellow/straw coloured glass which is the colour of this glass before it has been heated in the flame.  Once you start to heat the glass, it changes colour (or strikes) to a beautiful bright red.

I sculpted the heart from molten glass, using gravity to help me gain the 'heart' shape then pulling and twisting the glass to create the swirls on the surface of the heart.  I also added a wisp of silvered ivory stringer that I swirled around the base of the heart.

Whist I was making the heart I already had an idea of how I was going to turn it into a pendant and because it was a beautiful bright red I knew it would make a perfect Christmas gift.  So, out came the sterling silver beads, the swarovski crystals and turned them into the Sparkly Christmas Heart.




Sparkly Christmas Bracelet
I liked the glass so much I decided to make some more beads but this time round ones!  I added a ring of silvered ivory stringer around the middle of the beads so they would match the heart. 

As you can see in the photograph above, I used these beads to make a Sparkly Christmas Bracelet.  I couldn't decide whether to have dangling swarovski crystals like the pendant or to use larger crystals to separate the beads.  I tried both and decided the bracelet looked better with larger 6mm swarovski crystals sitting in between sterling silver saucer beads. 



Sparkly Christmas Earrings
I couldn't make a pendant and a bracelet without making a pair of earrings to match.  The earrings also featured as Week 20 in my 52 earrings in a year challenge.

I used two smaller beads to make the earrings and strung them onto sterling silver headpins.  I placed the beads onto a swarovski crystal and finshed them off with a sterling silver saucer bead and a cluster of swarovski crystals topped with a sterling silver rondell bead.  Perfect for some Christmas Sparkle!

My jewellery is available in my shop on WOW Thank you!

Sarah xx
www.beadscrumptious.co.uk

http://www.hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hypersmash.com