Friday, February 1, 2013

Chess anyone?




If I had one piece of advice for anyone learning to lampwork it would be to follow your creativity and enjoy it.  Over the years I have read a lot of lampwork bead books, magazines, internet articles and whilst there is a lot of good advice out there don't let it stiffle you!  This happened to me and it is quite liberating to break away .... There can be so many constraints placed on artists .... and things have to be done the "right way!"  But what is the "right way?"  What would happen if I didn't follow all of these "rules" and just allowed myself to flow with the glass? 
 
 

Don't get me wrong there are some very useful lampwork hints and tips available out there but there comes a point where you do start to break away from everyone else's "rules" and you start to emerge through a dense fog and develop a style of your own.  If I had any advice it would be to follow your own creativity and let go of all the constraints and see what happens.  I have made many "dodgy" beads in the past and will make many more in the future but along the way I will continue to find a style that is my own ........
 
 

For this bead set, I used effetre black, light ivory, white, clear and a few sprinkles of pixie dust.  I am going through a pixie dust phase and have added it to everything lately!  It looks lovely when you place clear dots on the top and produces a very pretty internal sparkle to your beads.
 

 
If you click on the photographs a link will take you directly to my shop on Etsy.
 
 
Sarah xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hypersmash.com